You’ve probably heard this cliché so many times, but today, we’re telling you the benefits of why you should be doing what you love to do.
Whatever field you’re into, you’ll surely be on the lookout for something new. You’re always seeking a new source of inspiration. Personally, the best way to be inspired is through travel. However, most of us don’t have the luxury to travel at the very instant that we need to fuel our creativity. Good thing there are tons of books that are available to jumpstart any project! Sure, there’s Pinterest and the world wide web as vast open resources but you’ve got to admit, there’s nothing like a book (or books) waiting to be discovered & rediscovered.
Above: In the attempt to absorb all the inspiration, here’s a stop-motion vid we did for our two favorite books, Print & Pattern Kids by Bowie Style as well as James Gulliver Hancock’s All The Buildings In New York both from Amazon.com
Recently, my stack of design books has been getting higher thanks to Gcash Amex Virtual Pay. If you joined our recent blog giveaway you already know that with Gcash Amex Virtual Pay, shopping for stuff online is easy & secure. It’s a virtual credit card that gives you access to shop on U.S. sites. You can let your imagination travel into that wonderful world of shopping! You can check out our shopping sprees here:
Our Shopping Wish Lists
Good News for Bookworms
Online Shopping Tips
Digital Goes Analog, Analog Goes Digital
Who Shops More?
When shopping for books online with Gcash Amex Virtual Pay, here are some of our tips:
1. Compare prices. Our top two sites for checking are Amazon.com & Barnes & Noble.
2. If you’re not particularly picky, you can buy or bid for pre-loved items on Amazon.com
3. If you can, order books of the same size to maximize shipping fees since they’ll also be taking to account the volume (length x width x height) of your order as well as the weight.
Above: One of our recommended books. Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon from Amazon.com is actually an easy read and it breaks all your pre-conceived notions about art, originality & the way to find yourself. If we could, we’d probably spend a whole day Tweeting loads of quotable quotes from this book.
4. If you’re not in a hurry, since the books are heavy, have them shipped via sea! (Think USD 2.99 / pound via sea versus USD 5.99 / pound via air). That would save you a lot 🙂 Conversely, if you bought items other than books that are light, don’t hesitate to have them shipped via air as long as their boxes are not big (e.g. RAM of makeup from Sephora.
5. Have no idea where to begin? Let Amazon’s search toolbar & suggestions help you–that’s where we found most of our books. You can also Google if your favorite international artists or bloggers already have released their books! 🙂
Above: All The Buildlings in New York by James Gulliver Hancock, one of our favorite artists. So thrilled when the package arrived Amazon.com!
With that, you’re definitely ready to shop. Sign up for Gcash Amex Virtual Pay today & start shopping from your phone. 😉
Funny ’cause I just tweeted this https://twitter.com/faynei65/status/442534851166490624 then I read your post. Thanks for keeping me motivated that I have to follow what I love vs. doing something that others wanted me to do. Aaaand pinning this to add on to my book list. I’ve been reading good reviews about the “Steal Like An Artist” from other bloggers too. Looks like a really nice book for people who love art and artist-wanna-be.
[…] More Digital Goes Analog, Analog Goes Digital Black Friday Shopping Tips What Not to Give as Gifts The Benefits of Doing What You Love to Do Good News for […]