You know how they say that life will keep on giving the same lessons until you finally learn them? That’s how pretty much my pregnancy has taught me.
Here goes a second dose of lessons and I’m writing them here so that in case I forget, I can look back at this post someday.
- Take care of yourself. – When I got pregnant, I finally realized that to be able to take care of another human being, I have to take care of myself. I used to work and work until I was burned out. I had to make sure I get some nap time in the middle of the day so I get to recharge. If our laptops & phones need to reboot, so do we. Haha.
- Conserve your energy. — I realized I would not get angry or emotional as much anymore. I figured I needed to conserve my energy if I want to be more efficient & effective with my time. It’s the same when I got pregnant. I was always afraid Riley might get affected with my emotions so I learned to slow down in that department.
- Eat healthy. – I’ve never been a healthy eater more than ever. When I got pregnant, the doctor told me I can’t limit my food intake or the baby won’t receive enough nutrients. Even if it was allowed to a certain extent, I stayed away from the following as much as possible: strong tea, too much coffee, raw meat & raw eggs.
Okay, I still had my dose of chocolates but I always make sure the food I eat is nutritious. I no longer skip breakfast / dinner or just have chips & chocolates for lunch. Lol.
When I was pregnant, I was watching Riley develop during month-to-month ultrasound visits. That’s when I truly realized that it’s rewarding to have proper nutrition. I’ve never been so meticulous about the nutritional value of what I consume. I used to worry solely about calories. Hihi. I’m so happy that my milk is equally nutritious. Frisomum has 130 years of experience to ensure that pregnant & lactating moms have a happy & healthy journey. (Peace of mind, check!)
- Hydration is key. – Water is another thing. I used to hate the taste of water among other things like the smell of bar soap & perfumes when I was still pregnant (ugh, thank you hormones). I always had to drink something flavored but healthy like freshly-pressed fruit juice and milk. I’m also not a fan of having to take in huge tablets of supplements every day then so it was awesome that things like Frisomum was available. In fact, it’s easy to consume thanks to its vanilla flavor. :DWhen I was younger *gahhh I feel so old saying this*, I always held on to the power of medicines when I felt like I was going to get sick from being overworked. But, a lot of them are not allowed for pregnant women. Thanks to Frisomum, I never got sick when I was preggy despite the fact that you would see me at events here and there. I was hydrated even if it wasn’t water per se and I was getting the essential stuff like vitamins, minerals and especially probiotics and prebiotics!
- Stay informed. My friends can attest I’m a walking trivia of pregnancy. Hahahaha. I would always explain the science behind things like morning sickness, the baby’s size and other quirky things about being pregnant and the baby’s behavior. I get my info by reading up on the net from reliable sites, my pregnancy app Ovia, asking my doctor and other moms about their experience. I’ve never Googled and asked my doctor so much stuff in my life from pregnancy symptoms to milk content.
I guess that’s what you do when you want the best for your baby. Hahaha. So, if you’re going about how you can be your healthiest during your pregnancy, read more about being a Frisomum here:
P.S. Oh, by the way, moms can get their free FrisoMum Kit which includes an exclusive Mercury Drug card! By purchasing FrisoMum from Mercury Drug, Moms get the chance to win perks and prizes, exclusively from FrisoMum (final list of prizes and to be published in friso.com.ph).
This is a sponsored post.
If you’re looking for blog giveaway winners, here they are:
BLOG GIVEAWAY WINNERS
Faber-Castell Watercolour Pencils.
Mundee Lawrence Castillo
5 sets of Dong-A My Color 20 Colors
Baby Jhudiel Canillas
Zara Mae Lee
Ana Genesis Rivera
2 sets of Dong-A Hexaplus Fineliner Pen
2 sets of Faber-Castell Tri-Grip Brushes
Mia Rhodora Baldemor
1 Set of 2 Tea Towels
1 Travel Cup Ladybird Ditsy
Lea Maria Ducay
1 Set of 2 Storage Baskets
Primrose Jan Jungco Comendador
5 copies of the Stick ‘Em Up Book
5 copies of Around the World with the Googly Gooeys
5 copies of Letters to My Children
Marielle Solde Salan
Digitizing Workshop Slot
To those who won, kindly send your full name, mobile number & mailing address to ponggo(at)googlygooeys(dot)com. If you’re unable to reply within one week, we will be choosing new winners. 😉 To those who didn’t make it. No bitter comments please. We’re trying our best to make more content and giveaways that are worth your time! 🙂 Thanks again for making this blog giveaway a fun & exciting one! 🙂
[…] The Blog Giveaway winners have been announced here. ? Thanks again to all those who joined. No bitter comments please. ? We’re hoping to […]
Congratulations to the winners! Thanks the giveaway, Googley Gooeys! Aside from your craft, I am amazed at how you were able to pull this one through. Seeing growth in the number of participants of the giveaway made me so happy for you instead of feeling disappointed that it will be harder to win. (Though I didn’t win, I was oddly happy for the success of this giveaway) I think this positivity was slightly influenced by your art. Your sketches do actually influence people in ways you could never imagine. I may not be good in art but I do know that there’s something in your drawings that make me feel happy and positive. Keep inspiring people with your art, Googley Gooeys! I hope you’d get to collaborate with different brand in bags, clothes, and decorations. I would be happy to join that giveaway if ever it happens. Thank you for responding to almost everyone’s comment despite your busy schedule and seemingly fill day. And look! You even took time to read a 14 year old’s comment. I hope that even when you become even more famous and successful, you’ll continue to share your thoughts, advises, and insights to the people around you.
P.S. Sorry for the super long message. In a nutshell, thank you!
PPS. Will come back to this pregnancy blog topic when I’m older hihihi? I actually realized and gave more importance to the efforts my mom has done to keep me a healthy baby. I’m pretty sure Riley will too.
OMG THIS MADE MY DAY!! Thank you for the digitizing workshop slot!! <333
Congrats everyone! I’ll just wait here for new giveaways. Hahahahah
Aahhh better luck next time to me ?? Thankyou GooglyGooeys for the wonderful opportunity ??
Thank you so much for helping people do better in their art and to be able to express themselves through their artworks! You have been a great inspiration to a lot of people. I’m glad I discovered you (and Abbey) a few years back. You guys are the best! People might not say this a lot but we admire you not only because you make beautiful art but because you are beautiful people with beautiful hearts as well.
P.S. Hi Riley!
P.P.S. Yay for new brushes!
OMG!!! Thank you very much!!! My mom will surely love the very pretty travel cup! ???❤❤❤ Again, thanks!
[…] If you’re a mom or a new parent, here are some posts that you might enjoy! ? 5 Lessons from Pregnancy My Younger Self Could Have Used Work-Life Balance & Self-Care Let Love Flow with […]